Wheel Shop Services
R&W Machine’s Wheel Shop offers a variety of AAR M-1003 certified wheel and axle services for locomotive, passenger, transit, freight and specialty applications.
Services at our Chicago-area facility include:
- Axle manufacturing for all classes of service worldwide
- Complete wheel, hub/plate and tire manufacturing
- Precision wheel boring and mounting services
- Wheel turning, truing and profiling services
- Wheel sets for rail systems worldwide
- Passenger and transit wheel sets
- Aftermarket maintenance
- Locomotive wheel sets
- U-Tube MSU maintenance services
- New, reconditioned and rebuilt wheel sets
- Non-destructive testing and inspection
- Axle conversion and downsizing
- Journal box conversions
- Journal bearing mounting
- AAR-Certified Quality
Guaranteed quality at the foundation of your railway rolling stock.
View certificate >
- Complete Railway Axle Manufacturing
CNC precision machining and grinding of axles for all classes of service, including locomotive, passenger, transit, freight and specialty applications.
- Global Wheel Set Capabilities
Axles and wheel sets for rail systems worldwide, including standard gage, narrow gage and wide gage for rail systems around the globe.
- Mounting Press
Computerized controls and data recorder for accurate assembly of axles and wheels.
- CNC Wheel Borer
Precision boring of wheels to 60" diameter.
- Axle Requalifying and Reconditioning
Burnishing axle motor support bearing seats.
- Vertical Assembly of MSU Housing
Roller-bearing motor suspension units for locomotives.
- Demount Press
Capacity to handle large-diameter Amtrak disc brakes or locomotive roller-bearing U-Tube MSU.
For more information, or to request a quote, contact us >